4.23.2013

Glogster...Creating Multimedia Posters

A "glog" is really just a multimedia poster.  On this platform, students can add pictures, text, backgrounds, and video clips, and use it to create a style and concept that will fit virtually any topic. 

I implemented a Glogster assignment in my one of my classes.  Ninth grade students enrolled in my Intensive Reading classes were assigned to choose a character from Romeo and Juliet (a text they are all reading in their English I class) and create a glog for that character.  Students were asked to incorporate pictures and quotations from the character and to decorate it using a theme and style appropriate and fitting for that character’s personality.  I believe this was an excellent way for students to not only reinforce their understanding of the character they chose, but also enhance their understanding of other characters through their viewing of their classmates’ glogs.    View a student sample.


No comments:

Post a Comment